Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dirt

The railings are the black gallows
that bind me like a prisoner,
I look for the stars
wrote tales about our love
on the skin of the sky.
Once on this dust
I wanted to walk free
with you, melting
in my shadows
once I wanted to
give a name to this land
call it home


A place where our hearts 
would find a plae to stay
Once I gave the night a tear
and the frozen white moon
fell into its lap
Once I had written
in blood  the plagiarized promise
you made
The hooting horns
mock at me 
these blaring lights
blind my eyes
while I try to search
for your bones
in the speckles of this sand
you took away my stars 
and hid behind 
the clouds
The sky is now a nameless face
just like you.

Published in Poetry Quarterly Spring edition which is available here.

No comments:

Featured Post

Status of women in the Syrian Christian society

Introduction This article aims at showing the practices and procedures existing in the events of birth, marriage and death amidst t...