Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Answering to the why

Every night the wind howls
slapping violently on the moon milked face
of the window,
as if seeking a reply
to the petrifying perennial question
In a distance I hear a dog bite
into a mouth full of air
my roses shrivel
blood oozing out of their pores.
The moon jeers at me 
much like your annihilating face
that aped aloofness.
"Why did you let him go?"



I lie with my fists clenched

as if trying to hold back time
I can't let you go
hanging on to you is freedom for me
It is oxygen.
You were a poem 
I should have never written
It could have been better if, 
I had loved a dog instead
atleast he would have memorized my voice
much like I did
Your Mumbai tone
Your alliterating stutter,
that question still quivers in my head
Answer is an apology I will tend
to the pillow propped on my bed.







3 comments:

Stephen Tremp said...

Wow! I admire people who can write poetry. Me, I've never been very good at it. And thanks for participating in A to Z!

Donna L Martin said...

Hi there!
I’m stopping by during the A to Z Challenge. I enjoyed stopping by and hope you get the chance to check out my blog sometime during this month. I’m a children’s book author and I’m reviewing different books. Good luck with the challenge!
Take care,
Donna L Martin
www.donnalmartin.com
author THE STORY CATCHER
coauthor CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL: ANGELS AMONG

J Hanna said...

I really thought your poem was very clever. I cannot write poetry, so it is interesting to read what others create.