Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas Gift 24/12/2015

The delivery guy rang the bell
and handed me a black box
one that had kept me on my toes for many days
it's arrival devoured on my sleep
like a pregnant woman I stood guard.
My impatient fingers tore open the tape
sealing the objects of affection you had sent across
on an overcast winter evening,
socks to warm cold feet
eyewear to let my eyes build castles in air
diary with a message on the last page
scrawled illegibly with a pencil
thermometer to measure inner rage during a fever
postcard addressed to places that will look 
for me and you,inside a crowd of tourists
Christmas message that would someday be born
on a nameless street across Marine Drive.


When I hurriedly looked for a place
to stash away these things
I realized you're digging into me, deep
unearthing the dead skeletons
teaching me to fight like an army
and go for the last kill like a wounded cat
I seal your name in my mouth 
in a suppressed smile
in the glint of my eyes
in the soles of my dancing feet
and then I gift you my silence
that I'll name after you
our love child, for the day.






No comments:

Featured Post

Status of women in the Syrian Christian society

Introduction This article aims at showing the practices and procedures existing in the events of birth, marriage and death amidst t...